Are you our next Systems Engineer?
Diamond IT is one of the leading Technology Solutions Providers in Australia. We are passionate about our staff, our customers and about technology that offers innovative solutions to the business market. Established in 1996, Diamond IT is a multi-award-winning company, consistently being recognised as one of the top 10 Managed Service Providers in Australia.
Your role with us
We currently have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our Projects Team on a full time, permanent basis. Diamond offers a chance to experience a wide variety of systems and enterprise solutions across a diverse customer base. You will be responsible for the implementation of projects designed by our in-house Presales team whilst ensuring that the project comes in on time and to a high standard of work. This role is based on site at customer locations as well as at our Newcastle head office. Travel in and around the Hunter / Central Coast will be expected regularly as well as travel to Sydney, other regional areas and interstate from time to time. Paid after hours work can and does occur on a semi regular basis and is by negotiation.
You are a natural problem solver who can work autonomously and to deadlines and schedules. You are confident dealing with customers face to face when out on site and present a calm and confident demeanour during project work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Basic Private Cloud administration
- Public Cloud IaaS and SaaS administration on Azure or AWS
- Migrating, improving and refining Customer environments across a diverse range of Industries
- Microsoft Active Directory management
- Enterprise hardware assembly (HPE or Dell)
- Implementation of Networking equipment ranging from basic Layer 2 switches to full UTM gateways
- Windows Server migrations
- Office 365 migrations (On-prem to cloud) with a focus on Hybrid configurations
Required Skills and Attributes:
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, routing, firewall and VPN technologies
- In-depth Knowledge of Microsoft Client and Server operating systems from 2008 onwards
- The ability to adapt to new products and technologies with a desire to learn
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IT industry
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft server applications such as Exchange and Terminal Services
- Experience with Hyper-V and vSphere virtualisation platforms
- Understanding of PKI infrastructure including Wildcard and Multi Domain Certificates
- MSCA certification
- Current Driver’s License
- Microsoft MCSE in a relevant specialisation (Server, Office 365 etc)
- Tertiary Qualification in Information Technology or related discipline
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Citrix Experience
- UTM experience (Fortinet or Cisco Meraki) and associated certifications (NSE4 or ECMS2)
- Experience with server clustering and SAN Shared Storage
- Experience with SQL
Diamond IT offers an attractive salary package including a fully maintained Company vehicle available for personal use to the successful applicant. We have a fantastic team culture and are passionate and enthusiastic technology professionals who love to just get in and get things done. In addition to the usual MSP based responsibilities, we also operate in some of the more interesting areas of technology and manage a successful Private Cloud and Virtual ISP platform based out of a world class Datacentre.
What you waiting for?
Apply now, we are keen to meet people who are just as passionate about technology as we are!
Please note: Only candidates selected to move on to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted and the right to work in Australia is a must.